The link between insomnia and pain in the neck and back
Insomnia is an increasingly common and alarming condition. Long-term sleep loss leads to many health consequences in which, up to two-thirds of people with chronic neck and back pain have symptoms of sleep disorders.
A 2013 study published in the Journal of Orthopedic Surgery (Hong Kong) found that nearly half of study subjects suffered from back and neck pain. chronic sleep deprivation. Another 2012 study in the journal Sleep found that poor sleep made patients more sensitive to pain in the neck and back. Also from the above studies, experts have recommended that patients with neck and back problems should treat insomnia early to avoid serious complications.
Main causes of insomnia
Research “Causes of insomnia” by Professor Stephanski, Rush University School of Medicine, Chicago has pointed out the main causes of insomnia, in which daily habits have greatly affects sleep.
Frequently stressed or stressed
This is the leading cause of insomnia becoming common and rejuvenating when pressure from work, life or life events causes many people to lose sleep. people who have difficulty balancing emotions seriously reduce the quality of sleep.
Use of drugs and stimulants
Beverages containing caffeine (coffee, tea, energy drinks,...) or containing alcohol (wine, beer, ..) and tobacco and substances Forbidden is listed as the enemies of sleep when creating euphoria and even hallucinations for the user, has direct harm to health, such as insomnia. p>
Eat before going to bed<3 but also make you uncomfortable, bloated, gassy because the stomach can't digest the new food loaded.
Uncomfortable sleeping environment
Sleeping environment is a big contributor to insomnia but very few people pay attention. Bedrooms that are too bright or too noisy will prevent sleep. Items such as pillows and mattress that are uncomfortable, painful, and secretive also make you awake Mid-sleep, not sleeping well, in the long run causes insomnia and fatigue.
According to a 2007 study by Cho Ray hospital, up to 80% of patients who visit and treat insomnia have symptoms of snoring and sleep apnea.
Simple but most effective methods to improve insomnia
Exercise during the day
Exercise is an effective measure with quick results. Your body not only gets stronger, improves resistance, but also burns excess and negative energy, improves your spirit to help you sleep more deeply.
Apply some “health rules” to life
- Do some gentle exercise before bed.
- Don't eat 2 hours before bed.
- No caffeine or alcohol, stimulants.
- Try to use coffee, tea, and energy drinks 10 hours before bed for the effects of the substances to reverse. above disappears, does not affect sleep.
- Relax your mind, listen to soft music, get away from electronic devices as much as possible.
- Always keep the sleeping environment quiet, limit light, adjust the room temperature suitable for sleep .
- Always keep your bed clean and comfortable.
Choose the right pillow for your body
With just one pillow, you can tackle most causes of insomnia. By:
- A good pillow capable of supporting the head and neck and keeping the spine straight will limit flexion/ compressing the neck, creating tension on the shoulder and neck area, causing pain and discomfort.
- The perfect height of the pillow is between 12 - 15cm, depending on the sleeping habits of the user . With the right height, the pillow can improve snoring or sleep apnea because the breathing tube is kept straight, not forced to bend, making breathing easier.
The material of the pillow is also very important to sleep. Pillows are made of soft, smooth and heat-dissipating materials that will bring comfort and help users quickly fall asleep.
If you're having trouble sleeping, consider following the tips above and choosing Ru9's Niu pillow for your sleep. Considered an optimal insomnia pillow, the Niu pillow is researched and manufactured by Ru9 from memory foam - a material with perfect support, self-adjusting flexibly to any lying position, maximum restriction. pain in the neck - shoulder - back of the neck. The pillow cover is made of safe, soft and breathable Tencel material to help you sleep comfortably. The cover has a removable zip lock for convenient cleaning, keeping the pillow clean.
Hopefully after this article, you have found the causes and ways to improve your insomnia. And don't forget the Niu Ru9 pillow always wants to accompany your sleep, effectively support and improve insomnia, bring the most complete sleep and a healthy body. So, what are you still wondering if you haven't chosen for yourself a pillow for insomnia of Ru9.