Does Anti Snoring Pillow Work For You?
If you are in the 40% of adult population who are snoring and are interested in snoring pillows, this article can help you. Decide if an anti-snoring pillow is the best choice for you.
It is a myth that almost everyone snores from time to time during sleep. However, most often occurs in about 40% of adults. Snoring can have many different causes. If you understand your own condition, anti-snoring devices will help you treat snoring more effectively!
1. Causes of snoring
Snoring occurs when air cannot flow freely through the airways. There are many reasons why a person's narrowing or obstruction of the airway during sleep causes snoring. Common causes include:
Age is associated with a number of sleep changes, including an increase in snoring. Especially as you enter middle age onwards, your throat becomes narrower and muscle tone in the throat decreases, leading to snoring.
Being overweight can lead to fat building up in your throat. Excess fat layer begins to put pressure, gradually causing your airways to become blocked causing snoring.
Nose and sinus problems
Congested or blocked airways make breathing difficult and create obstructions in the throat, leading to snoring. p>
Alcohol, tobacco and certain other drugs
Alcohol, tobacco, or certain sedatives can cause the muscles in the throat to relax. When you sleep, relaxed muscles can obstruct your airway and cause you to snore.
Snoring occurs more often when you lie on your back, also known as the supine position. Gravity pulls the tissues around the airways down, making the airways narrower, causing snoring.
Not all snorers have sleep apnea - Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). But most people with OSA snore. OSA is a state of repeated cessation of breathing during sleep caused by partial or complete collapse of the airways.
2. Anti-snoring pillow effect
Snore pillow is a pillow specially designed to prevent snoring. Depending on the design, each type of anti-snoring pillow provides an effective remedy:
- Anti-snoring pillow promotes side sleeping position: supports a comfortable side sleeping position, suitable for people who do not snore when sleeping on their side. However, many people will wake up with a sore throat.
- Head elevation pillow: the name of this pillow is the answer to the question of whether to sleep with a high or low pillow. This type of anti-snoring pillow ensures that the head is not pushed forward causing airway compression.
- CPA mask pillow: for patients diagnosed with sleep apnea and using a CPAP machine.
- Pillow for snorers aligns your body and repositions your airway
- Smart pillow detects snoring and starts changing your sleeping position
3. Disadvantages of anti-snoring pillow
Anti-snoring pillows aren't right for everyone and rarely work perfectly if you don't know your condition.
Snorers don't address the root cause of snoring (unless you sleep on your side). Lifestyle solutions like losing weight, not smoking, and treating allergies are a comprehensive solution to snoring.
The anti-snoring pillow helps to promote a more upright sleeping position but also makes you tilt your head forward more. This can worsen your breathing pattern and make snoring worse.
Basically if your snoring comes from your sleeping position, a well-designed pillow a> still has the ability to reduce snoring, like 2 pretty good suggestions below!
4. Improve snoring with Niu pillow
Ru9 Pillow< /a> applying Graphene Memory Foam technology to effectively support the head - neck - shoulders. With a height of 12cm to prevent you from having a flat back, the Niu pillow can reduce the possibility of airway obstruction causing snoring.
At the same time, with Graphene Foam material integrated in the pillow core, as soon as the head and neck contact the pillow, all heat will be dissipated. sides, keep your head and neck cool and comfortable.
Niu Ru9 pillow applies modern Graphene Memory Foam technology
5. Support side sleeping position with Ru9 hug pillow<3 Ru9 Hugging Pillow a> has a higher height than a regular pillow, enough to keep your shoulders from tipping forward, helping the spine keep its original shape comfortable.
In short, if you already understand that your snoring is caused by your sleeping position, you can completely experiment with these two types of pillows to see if they are suitable for you. or not. Hopefully this article gives you information about anti-snoring pillow to improve your condition. Don't forget to contact Ru9 immediately via website https://ru9.vn/< /span> or Facebook Ru9 - The Sleep Company for advice on the right sleep care product for you and your family!
Ru9 Hugging Pillow has a design and material that is compatible when lying on your side