How to sleep soundly despite sweating while sleeping
Night sweats is a condition in which you sweat a lot while sleeping, even when not under the influence of high temperatures or vigorous exercise, and can occur at any age. This condition makes us uncomfortable, and wakes up in the middle of the night because clothes and bedding get wet quickly.
Sleep sweats are excessive sweating while sleeping, even when not under the influence of high temperature or vigorous exercise, and can occur at any age. This condition makes us uncomfortable and wake up in the middle of the night because clothes and bedding get wet quickly.
The cause behind this problem seems so harmless, but it can actually be a manifestation of quite serious health problems. If you or a loved one is experiencing night sweats, I hope that this article of Ru9 will help you and your loved ones sleep better.
1/ Sweating while sleeping – why?
Deep sweating can be one of the symptoms of the following health problems:
- Deficiency of calcium or vitamin D in young children, or over-incubation of sleep
- Infections, of which tuberculosis is a common cause. In addition, there are other diseases such as endocarditis, osteomyelitis, abscess, HIV/AIDS.
- Women going through menopause
- Sleep apnea syndrome
- Abuse of alcoholic beverages
- Psychological problems such as stress, anxiety
Also, there are other medical conditions that need to be diagnosed by a doctor. Besides, sleeping in a secret environment, clothes and bedding mattress no Absorb sweat, the habit of sleeping with blankets can also be the cause of night sweats.
You should keep in mind that night sweats are just a common symptom of many different illnesses and health problems. So, to pinpoint the exact cause of night sweats, you need to monitor the condition, note other symptoms if present, and see your doctor.
2/ How to fix and improve sleep when night sweats
First of all, if this condition persists for no apparent reason, you need to see a doctor, especially if the night sweats are accompanied by symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, cough, and tremors. , chills, fever, unusual weight loss… for diagnosis, testing and treatment. Correcting health problems will improve night sweats.
Besides understanding the pathology, you can improve your sleep with the following ways:
a/ For young children:
- If young children often have night sweats, you should give them vitamin D supplements by early morning sun exposure
- When sleeping, you should dress your baby in cool clothes, avoid wrapping your baby in many layers of fabric.
b/ Arrange and change sleeping environment
- Arrange the bedroom as airy and cool as possible
- If you use air conditioning, you should set it to a moderate temperature, cool enough, not too different from the outside temperature to sleep well and avoid heat stroke li>
- When sleeping, you should wear comfortable clothes, made of natural materials such as cotton to create a sense of ventilation when sleeping
- Use mattress and pillow made of healthy, breathable materials with the right amount of support to ensure comfort during sleep
- Use bed sheets with good absorbency to avoid uncomfortable feeling of wetness when sweating
c/ Adjusting diet, daily activities
- Avoid hot spicy food, avoid using alcohol and stimulants before sleeping
- Avoid vigorous exercise close to bedtime to give your body time to relax
- Avoid eating much 2-3 hours before going to sleep so as not to put pressure on the digestive system
- Limit high sugar and fat intake
- Exercise every day
- Maintaining a healthy weight
Ru9 hopes that the above tips will help you and your loved ones have a more general view of the situation of night sweats, and have ways to overcome them to sleep more comfortably.
Wishing you and your loved ones a good night's sleep!